• The implementation of the EAGLE Award is consistent with government laws and regulations, primarily Executive Order No. 192 (Reorganization Act of the DENR), Civil Service Commission Memorandum Circular No. 2001-01 (Program on Awards and Incentives for Service Excellence or PRAISE), and the DENR Rationalization Plan approved by the Department of Budget and Management.
• The guidelines are provided under the DENR Administrative Order (DAO) No. 2019-04 issued on March 8, 2019.
• Its main objective is to promote a culture of organizational and leadership excellence by determining the efficiency and effectiveness of field officials in delivering their mandates and recognize and commend them accordingly.
II. Scope and Coverage
The EAGLE applies to the following field officials, who should have occupied their positions for at least nine (9) months in 2018:
• DENR Regional Executive Directors (REDs)
• Regional Directors (RD) of the Environmental Management Bureau
• Regional Directors (RD) of the Mines and Geosciences Bureau
• Provincial Environment and Natural Resources Officers (PENROs)
• Community Environment and Natural Resources Officers (CENROs)
• Implementing PENROs
• The Performance Evaluation Rating for qualified key officials is broken down as follows:
Phase 1: Efficiency/effectiveness in delivery of service/product results 75%
Phase 2: Leadership abilities 25%
• Leadership will be gauged on the following abilities, based on perception survey among superiors, subordinates, and/or peers:
a. Integrity through adherence to, and promotion of, core principles and values prescribed by the DENR Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards
b. Service orientation in ensuring production and delivery of quality outputs, results and outcomes to achieve consistent customer satisfaction
c. Network building to establish and/or strengthen partnerships or networks that will facilitate the realization of organizational outcomes
d. Strategic focus in obtaining information and identifying key issues, and consequently committing to a course of action relevant to achieving long-range goals or vision
e. Managerial acumen to harness and focus human and financial resources to help achieve organizational goals
• Designated assessment teams consisting of selected officials and personnel from the Central and regional offices evaluated the nominees by reviewing documents and field verification.
- Parent Category: News & Events
- Category: Press Releases
- Published: 14 June 2019