Office of the Regional Director
The DENR1 Regional Office which has jurisdiction over the provinces of Pangasinan, La Union, Ilocos Sur and Ilocos Norte shall be headed by a Regional Director. The Regional Office shall be responsible for the:
- Implementation of laws, policies, plans, programs, projects, rules and regulations of the Department to promote the sustainability and productivity of natural resources, social equity in natural resources utilization and environmental protection in Region I;
- Provision of efficient and effective delivery of services to the people;
- Coordination with regional offices of other departments, offices, agencies in the region, local government units, civil society organizations in the enforcement of natural resource conservation laws and regulations, and in the formulation/implementation of natural resources programs and projects;
- Implementation programs and projects on forestry; and land management; and protected areas, coastal zone and wildlife;
- Inventory of natural resources in the region and formulate regional short and long-term development plans for the conservation, utilization, and replacement of natural resources;
- Formulating regional budget in conformity with the priorities established by the National Government and Regional Development Council upon consultation with Civil society Organizations (CSOs);
- Supervision of the processing of and, if appropriate, issue agreements, licenses, patents, leases and permits related to the development, conservation, utilization and exploitation of the natural resources in the Region;
- Overall supervision and control over the planning, programming, operations and management of Provincial Environment and Natural Resources (PENROs) and Community Environment and Natural Resources offices (CENROs);
- Performing other functions as may be assigned by the Secretary and/or provided by law.
The Regional Director shall have direct supervision over the Divisions in the Regional Office. The Regional Director shall be assisted by an Assistant Regional Director for Technical Services and an Assistant Regional Director for Management.